Making your Life Easy with These 10 Travel Essentials for Men & Women
These top ten travel essentials will make your trip feel like your home away from home!
Travelling the world will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life, but knowing what to bring for it can be a nightmare. These top ten travel essentials will make your prep and trip much easier!
We will look to list products which we feel may be suitable for what we have suggested we will keep cost, build and durability in mind making sure you have plenty of money left over for your holiday.
1. Durable Travel Luggage or Back Pack – Get a durable luggage or backpack they might be more on the expensive side but its something which will last rather after or mid way through your holiday you see your luggage has ripped also getting durable and secure luggage keeps your belongings safe.
2. Packing Cubes – Packing cubes are the ultimate travel organiser. Leaving the comfort of your wardrobe can be daunting but these will make your backpacker life easy. Sort your tops from your bottoms, your swimwear from underwear. Although there may not be a lot of organisation in your life while travelling, this can be the one thing you can rely on. With sets of three, six, or nine packs you can pick up as many as you want!
3. Portable Power Source – When you’re miles away from the nearest power source or can’t pluck up the courage to ask the shop assistant if they have a plug you can use, fear not! Because you can have your very own plug power source which can charge most of your electrical items, suddenly making your life a whole lot easier.
4. World Adapter – Unfortunately, not every country will have the same plug socket as yours. So country hopping may seem fun at the time but carrying around a load of compatible sockets isn’t. With a world travel adapter, no matter where you go you can use your electrical items without worry. Just check on the back of the packaging; if it fits every socket of the world then you’re good to go.
5. Travel Towel – We always forget that we need two towels for our round the world trip; one for the beach and one to keep us clean. The micro-towel was invented for this very problem. Its lightweight material and drying ability makes for an amazing low maintenance towel which can fit in the spare dark holes of your backpack. It will dry you in minutes and keep you clean and sand free.
6. Padlock with a combination – Okay, so a padlock may seem like common sense, but invest in one with a combination. It will be a relief when you don’t have to search for the keys and end up asking reception to get the pliers to open up the safe. A combination will make your life so much easier and secure as only you know it! If you don’t have a safe, you can lock your suitcase with it. Safety first!
7. Digital Camera – Making memories is what travelling is all about so don’t forget to capture them on a good camera. There’s no better experience than looking back on everything you’ve done and reminding yourself what an amazing journey you’ve had. Invest in memory sticks to save photos and send them home just for extra security. Don’t forget to enjoy yourself on the way!
8. Havana Flip Flops – These beauties are affordable and durable! Although I would invest in a good pair of trainers, flip flops will be your go-to footwear. Easy-to-wear and comfortable, these will be your travel companion on the long journeys. They’ll go with any outfit and no one will judge you because everyone is wearing them!
9. Medicine & Drugs – No, not those kind of drugs – We’re talking about the medicinal kind! First up, we have paracetamol, mosquito sprays, diarrhea sachets. Worth taking a stash with you, since your familiar brand is not always available abroad. Why we mentioned diarrhea sachets sometime a change in food and water can cause some people to have diarrhea that’s why its worth having it just in case. And if your visiting countries with mosquito’s worth taking some kind of mosquito spray or cream to keep them little buggers away.
10. Sunglasses – Useful for a multitude of things, sunglasses are a staple for your holiday wardrobe especially in the summer.
Extra things to consider when going on holiday is making sure you have a valid passport and also necessary visa’s if required. It is also good idea to have travel and content insurance just in case of emergency when abroad. Many bank accounts and independent companies provide this. It may also be included in your home insurance or car insurance just have a word with them. It is also important to keep any forms of communication active either through your current mobile operator or look to purchase a sim card from the country you are visiting.
We hope everyone has a fabulous holiday from the Plus Crunch Team.